Sunday 15 October 2017

Different Perspectives at TEDxBrum

Today I spent a lovely ten hours showing my games at the Birmingham Hippodrome.

The volunteers, attendees and other exhibitors were all great fun to be around. The whole event was built around the word "perspectives" and I got to play games with a wide variety of people who no doubt have very different perspectives on life. There was a connection between everyone though, it struck me that whatever the age, background or experience someone had, there was an absence if people judging other people. It was an atmosphere of warm, friendly, kindness and patience. The youngsters volunteering even put up with my terrible dad-jokes.

Roman numerals... not on my watch.

Everyone shared ideas and thoughts. Everyone shared time. I tried to share my oreo biscuits. I spent my day playing games with open-minded fun individuals with whom it was a pleasure to share a little bit of TEDx. I would heartily recommend this event to anyone and everyone who is prepared to listen, learn and understand something new. Part of me thinks it should be compulsory but that would probably go against the whole ethos.

I hold the record for the world's slowest marathon... 5 years running.

It was a privilege to be part of TEDx and if I ever get the chance again I'm going to jump at it. Many thanks to everyone who made it possible, which is a lot of people. So I'll direct my thanks to Alison Baskerville who made our part of the event run smoothly in as relaxed a way as could be imagined. Roll on next year and much more of the same please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Different Perspectives at TEDxBrum Today I spent a lovely ten hours showing my games at the Birmingham Hippodrome. The volunteers, atten...